MIKROGEN LAUNCHES A QUICK AND RELIABLE CROWN TEST FOR VIRUS AND ANTIBODY DETECTION!
NEW: ANTIBODY TRIAL AVAILABLE NOW
In December 2019, a pandemic of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by the SARS-CoV-2 (2019-nCoV) virus, began in Wuhan City, the capital of Hubei, China.
SARS-CoV-2 is closely related to SARS-CoV-1. The infection is spread primarily through person-to-person transmission through respiratory droplets. Symptoms can range from fever, cough, and breathing difficulties to pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome.
The German institute Robert Koch points out that for the early detection of an infection it is advisable to include the detection of SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 in differential diagnostic considerations, if there is a relevant travel history or signs of viral cause pneumonia unclear. Samples should be taken in parallel from the upper and lower airways, if possible, and analyzed by RT-PCR.
Most COVID-19 patients show the first antibody response from day 5 to day 10 after symptom onset. Serological detection of specific antibodies represents the perfect complement to molecular diagnosis. In addition to supporting the diagnosis of COVID-19, especially in asymptomatic patients, it is possible to detect the immune state, most likely the infectivity and epidemiological distribution of the virus.
With immediate effect, MIKROGEN offers the recomWell SARS-CoV-2 IgG Assay, an ELISA kit for the reliable detection of IgG antibodies against SARS-CoV-2.
coronavirus ampliCube SARS-CoV-2 / CE-IV
Art. No .: 50143 for 50 rxn
- Savings and speed: detection and confirmation in less than 3 hours
- Detection: detection of SARS coronavirus and SARS-Cov-2 RNA with specific marker in the E-Gen
- Confirmation: detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA with specific marker in Orf1a
ampCube Coronavirus Panel / CE-IVD
Art. No .: 50142 for 50 rxn
- Save and fast: Corona virus detection test (including SARS-CoV-2), test result in less than 3 hours
- Detection of RNA from
- SARS-Corona virus (including SARS-CoV-2) with specific marker for detection in Orf1a
- Circulating human seasonal coronavirus (hCoV NL63, OC43, 229E, HKU1)
- The shortest ideal for respiratory samples: modular combination with ampliCube PCR-Tests for the detection of other possible viral and bacterial pathogens.
Several cycles of real-time PCR can be used: Mic (Magnetic Induction Cycler), Roche LightCycler® 480 Instrument II,
Qiagen Rotor-Gene® Q, Bio-Rad CFX 96, Applied Biosystems (QuantStudioTM 5 Dx), Stratagene Mx3000P, Applied Biosystems (ABI 7500, ABI 7300).
Information for other PCR cyclists on request.